According to scripture, the promises of God find their Yes and Amen in Christ, in other words, all the promises of God are completed in Him. Our problem does not reside in God speaking His promise, but in us believing and being patient in our belief.
My daughter is two years old and is absolutely obsessed with the movie “The Secret Life of Pets.” Between that and Silly Songs with Larry, I have had my fill of animated animals and vegetables to last me a lifetime. She does not understand the word “later” or “in a little bit” (although she has no problem repeating those to us when it’s nap time, or time for a diaper change.) When she says “I want to watch Pets” and my wife or I respond with “maybe later” or altogether “no”, things really go downhill from there for our strong-willed toddler.
How often are we strong-willed 2 year olds when it comes to the desires of our heart or promises from the Father? We want what we want, and we want it NOW! Often in our spiritual journey we do not understand “later” or “in a little bit.”
Psalm 27:13 – 14 – I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
There are many different ways to wait spiritually, but NONE of them are sitting on your hands.
We wait by:
1. Serving the Lord. We literally becoming a “waiter” of Jesus. You can serve Him through the local body and through our personal pursuit.
2. Worshipping the Lord. Worship Him in song and dance. Even in the waiting seasons. David wrote: “I remain confident…” As you wait the Holy Spirit will increase your confidence in the Father.
3. Trusting the Lord. Trust His nature, His character, His goodness. Trust that He will always lead us.
We must know His nature in order to properly be at peace when waiting. Our confidence in His goodness will determine our ability to wait on Him.
1. He is a GOOD Father who WANTS His dreams to come to pass on your life.
2. He is a GOOD Father who ALWAYS keeps His word.
My daughter knows, if Daddy says later, he won’t forget that he told me I could. Have confidence in your Daddy, He hasn’t forgot what He told you either.